Smart doorbell cameras work in tandem with your smartphone, so you can see who’s knocking at the door and avoid answering it for unexpected visitors. But, in addition to video, they also offer a slew of other handy features to keep your home protected, including two-way talk, infrared lighting (for when it’s dark out), and motion detection. There are certainly plenty of smart doorbell options, so if you need some help finding the right one for your home, keep reading to see our best picks and we promise you’ll never be a victim of ding-dong ditching again.
It’s a smart doorbell that does more than alert you about someone’s presence. To begin with, it can be mounted on most surfaces and guarantee a field view of 180 degrees. With it, you will enjoy a two-way conversation, record and send video clips to the cloud storage. Moreover, it’s fitted with a durable battery to last a year after one complete charging hence minimizing power failures.
- Automatic motion sensing, recording, and storage on cloud (at a small fee), at the same time the ring doorbell will send an alert to your Android or iOS phone
- Can record video clips even in a dark environment
- Compatible with the home Wi-Fi network
- Without moving to the door, you can visualize the intruder
- Doesn’t have the PC browser support option
- It can not take an on-demand video
- Lacks HD picture quality
Ring doorbell Pro
It’s an enhanced version of the ring doorbell. For example, unlike the original ring, ring pro enables the user to enjoy more specific motion alerts; for the front lawn, driveway, and walkway. The notification can also be customized for particular shapes. Considering the top ring doorbell reviews in 2017, ring doorbell appears among the top ones.
- Has a high definition video capability; 1080p
- The ring doorbell pro is tinier than the previous ring doorbell.
- An all-time clear visualization and recording of an intruder; works both day and night
- It provides a super-audible two conversation due to the noise cancellation technique employed
- Connects easily to the home network for both the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz network
- Sends automatic alerts to your Smartphone when an intruder’s presence is detected by the motion sensors
- One can share the recorded video footage for example to a law enforcement agency or your social networks
- lacks battery installation hence calls for hard wiring
- It’s more expensive than other smart doorbells
- Allows a field of view angle of only 160 degrees
SkyBell HD Wi-Fi doorbell
Although most consumers complain of the difficulty in its installation, the SkyBell HD video doorbell allows on-demand video features plus live feeds. Hence it allows a random check on your premise. Unlike rings, Skybell can withstand even extreme temperature fluctuations.
- Has HD picture quality; 1080p
- Allows live video feed
- Gives you free seven days of cloud storage
- It has a 5x video optical zoom
- Provides for the colored night visualization
- Lacks the battery operation option
- A single product allows only an individual user account.
August doorbell camera
Although it requires a reliable Wi-Fi network for optimal performance, the August doorbell will give you more security due to one-way video communication from your Smartphone. But when coupled with the August smart locks, a user won’t have to move from the seat to unlock the door; your Smartphone will help you do it. Moreover, the video quality is just superb; it has many frames per second. That means that you can slow down the clip to have a thorough look at a picture.
- Integrates well with other August devices
- Has both Android and iOS apps compatibility
- Provides you with free 30 days of video storage
- Has a motion detection feature
- It doesn’t allow for night vision and gives poor videos under insufficient light
- Lacks a chargeable battery
NEXBANG NX1 720p HD
This smart doorbell thrives in an easy to erect feature on most surfaces with a field of angle view of 127 degrees. Furthermore, the doorbell will ensure you good visualization whether day or night; due to the ten infrared LEDs employed.
- Allows for the two-way audio communication
- The user can adjust the motion sensitivity
- Nexbang’s doorbell combines perfectly with the ZigBee smart home hub.
- Provides double security storage; both cloud and SD cards.
- The doorbell can be used for surveillance by more than one party at the same time.
- Can stick on almost all surfaces
- Free one-month cloud storage service
- Requires had wired wiring
- Has an SD storage slot but the user has to buy the SD card separately.
Xcsource wireless voice doorbell
This doorbell fitted with lithium batteries can transmit over a maximum range of 300m.
- It has a clear voice production with an adjustable volume also.
- The double-sided adhesive makes the doorbell very easy to install.
- Provides for a two-way communication
- Consumes minimal power.
- It comes with a two-sided adhesive thus easing the installation process.
- The rechargeable battery is not provided for both the indoor and outdoor bell units.
- The presence of an obstacle limits the transmission range.
Jinkailing Smart Wireless Doorbell Kit 1
The simple but smart wireless doorbell can withstand even the harsh weather. The outdoor push button unit surprisingly self-regulates its temperature and will also withstand severe weather like rain.
- The chiming of the bell can be heard over a longer distance typically 1000 feet.
- A large variety of chime is provided to the user,
- Its weatherproofing or self-temperature regulation makes it ideal for many places like hospitals or offices.
- The intensity of the volume has been regulated and hence ensured to be friendly to the ears.
- The flashing notification is highly useful in a noisy environment.
- The receiver unit lacks the battery and therefore AC power dependent.
The above are some of the top ring doorbell reviews 2017 to look forward to. Their price ranges and so are the smart features. But one thing is sure; they will help you to enhance the security of your home.
Image Source: Amazon.com